Friday, February 5, 2010

Is that fungus in my lemon juice...??

hi,


A long time ago I cut a lemon and squeezed its juice in a plastic container to use it on my face, but I forgot abt it for a while, today I opened it and found a black thing inside the container, I donno what's that ?? So I threw it away but I was wondering what this black thing is??


PS: the juice contained some small lemon nuts, could this be the nut??Is that fungus in my lemon juice...??
I'm assuming you mean seeds.. and yes, they're black and moldy.Is that fungus in my lemon juice...??
lol


lemons don't have nuts they have seeds and yes it was mold growing on the lemon juice.


why would you put lemon juice on your face??
Yes!! It could be the nut.
It is the acidification of lemon juice, nothing to worry! It is advisable to use freshly cut lemon or juice thereof immediately - in any case the same day! The lemon juice we get in supermarket may have received special treatment while processing!
you should never throw good lemon juice away, that black was what you needed for your face, its concentrated and exactly what you wanted, next time leave the lemon juice twice as long and hopefully you'll have twice as much black stuff.
It was likely cause by bacteria on the knife or in the container you put the lemon juice in, like all acids in the frig from mustard, pickle juice, salad dressings and ketchup, if stored properly you will have no problems, but if a small amount of bacteria, from someone say using there finger to clean the top of the bottle or reaching in with there fingers to retrieve a pickle.





You body has acids and other things that when in conact with acid or bases start a process that if left alone can cause mold.





I was a chef for many years and people would do some nasty things in restaurant kitchens just to save themselves a few steps and to get things in a hurry, and the same goes for being at home, the mold you saw would not kill you, it is just the lemon juice natural process of saying throw me out??

No comments:

Post a Comment