Thursday, February 11, 2010

HELP fungus on carpet and leather chairs.?

my white carpet is full of brown spots (fungus) and also on my leather chairs. Ive tried using carpet cleaners to get rid if the spots,but there still there and i used my sofa cleaning kit and it hasnt come off. any ideas? by the way i got my house fitted with carpet andnew sofas 5 months agoHELP fungus on carpet and leather chairs.?
What in the world is wrong with your house?! It would take a serious mold problem, higher humidity and very poor air circulation to cause this.





When they put down the new carpeting, did you see the sub-floor? Was it mold free? Do you have problems with mold in other areas of the house? Do you regularly change the furnace filters? AC filters?





I'd call in mold experts to first verify you have mold, not an insect problem. Then they can set out canisters to monitor the air to determine the mold spore count (maybe you can order these on line yourself and test the house).





If you have a humidity problem, I'd check into getting one or another dehumidifier. I'd also look into getting better air circulation around the house. If you have a new home, it may be too tight and you need to balance the air inside with something like a Skuttle air flow system.





There's also a chance the sofa and carpeting were contaminated before you purchased them....maybe they were where it flooded. If you have no other mold in the house, I'd be seriously looking that the items were damaged before they arrived. Problem there is, then your house is such the contaminated stuff could bloom.....unless experts can testify otherwise. That's why you need licensed mold inspector to help. and no I'm not one.

No comments:

Post a Comment