Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where did the saying ';There's a fungus among us'; originate?

Just curious...Where did the saying ';There's a fungus among us'; originate?
LOL





Funny question.





I searched this quite extensively (sad, I know ... it's a boring day at work lol), and really couldn't find anything ... actually most of what I found was about mushrooms ... how to cook them, how to cultivate them, etc.





I think really this is just a silly thing that people say because it sounds funny and it rhymes, as far as I know, it has no deep meaning, or any meaning at all, really ... does it? :-)





Sorry, that's all I got.





EDIT: LOL ... ok, I found a little something on a link description when I did a google search that said ';'A fungus among us' ... fungi share a common ancestor with humans'; ... but when I went to the link, I couldn't find the original text that this was referring to ... not being an evolutionist myself, this seems completely ludicrous to me, but maybe this saying came from the fact that great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandpa was a mushroom? ;-)





EDIT #2: WOOHOOO ... ok, I found the actually text about our ';cousin mushrooms'; ... she link below





LOL ... thanks for this question, you'll never know the entertainment you've provided me ... I know I haven't helped you a bit, but you can't say I didn't give it my best shot :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment