Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I seperate a fungi from a culture?

I'm unversity student. should I have to seperate the fungi coloni from the culture to extract chemicals from that. If so how can I do that?How can I seperate a fungi from a culture?
Hey Magi,





Knowing what you had to do with the culture would help. In lieu of that, if you have good sterile procedure you can transfer a section of agar culture (or whatever medium you have) and inoculate more substrate. This might give you more tissue to work with and thereby room for error if your first extraction does not work out well.





To actually extract your chemical from the fungus you will most probably need to do something to rupture the cell walls like mashing, blending, etc.





If all else fails, ask your question again on the forums at http://www.mycowiki.org/ they are growing but a fair amount of traffic is seeing their forum each day so you have a chance of it being seen.How can I seperate a fungi from a culture?
innoculate it...i used to be a microbiology student..
  • why doesn't my 7 week old kitten bury his poop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment