Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I get species of fungi to come in my garden naturally?

I'm trying to catch fungi and grow them in my garden but my garden is just a stretch of lawn and thats it. No trees. No bushes no nothing but grass. How can I catch them and grow them?How can I get species of fungi to come in my garden naturally?
They will need something to grow on usually thatch or wood like dead tree roots, something that offers them the chance of living on dead organic material. Many times when people bring in wood chips they will find the mycelium growing through the chips very soon after a wet period.


You can ask your neighbors for a few attractive branches brought down in a storm or get them from a local farmer possibly. Place the wood where it will receive water as fungi require moisture to grow. Place a layer of chips over newspaper or cardboard (so grass %26amp; weeds do not emerge through the chips) and water in well. Colonize the wood with a commercial mushroom kit after you have grown a crop to the point of fruiting.


The chips can also become the beginning of a healthy soil to grow perennials or vegetables once the wood has sufficiently broken down to build soil.


http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~Linda%20Cha鈥?/a>


http://sustainablegardeningblog.com/arch鈥?/a>How can I get species of fungi to come in my garden naturally?
you can go to a farm were they have black angus cows and flip over a cow patty and you can catch some fungi that way.
  • why doesn't my 7 week old kitten bury his poop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment