Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fungus or columnaris treatment?

So I looked at my betta the other day, and realized he had a cotton-like growth on his back. I did some research, but I'm not sure if it's fungus or coumnaris. He used to be a really vibrant red, but now his colour has faded quite a bit. The area around his mouth is kind of greyish looking, but there's no growths or anything and I don't think his mouth looks much different than usual. He's also not eating. I bought Jungle's Fungus Eliminator yesterday and I added some of that, as well as aquarium salt when I did a water change. How soon will whatever he has go away, and is the anti-biotic effective for treating columnaris, if that's what it is? It says that it treats both fungus and beacteria.Fungus or columnaris treatment?
according to the web, it seems to be colummaris, keep up the antibiotic and it depends on the severity of his case how long the treatment may take. I recommend you read some stuff from the internet. Google columnaris and see what you get.Fungus or columnaris treatment?
I find melafix is a very effective anti-bacterial treatment. Cleared up my poor bettas Columnaris in a few days, I kept treatment going for 12 days to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment