Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Does anyone else get sick after eating black fungus (cloud/wood ear mushroom)?

I noticed that I got very ill every time I had some in a stir fry. It doesn't happen straight after eating it but after a while I get very ill (no particular area...kind of like the whole inside of my body) and dizzy and I nearly fainted last time. Anyone else experienced this? I couldn't find reference to any problem this mushroom could cause...Does anyone else get sick after eating black fungus (cloud/wood ear mushroom)?
No, I eat them all the time along with a lot of other mushrooms. You may have a reaction to them. Not an allergy, which would send you to the hospital, but a reaction. It's probably best if you stay away from those because reactions CAN turn into allergies. It's a myth that you don't develop allergies later.Does anyone else get sick after eating black fungus (cloud/wood ear mushroom)?
I actually love the buzz, the hallucinations I sometimes get from good shrooms!

1 comment:

  1. I just developed this reaction in the past 6-8 months. I get dizzy and vomit and have cramps, whereas I used to never have any reaction at all. Oddly, I don't really see much anywhere on the internet about this...

    ReplyDelete