Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do I have Acne or Fungus?

A few days ago i developed a red bump on my face that appeared to be a pimple. I tried to pop it and regular pus came out. But a day later the spot was still red and started to turn white and dry. I thought that maybe my acne is just healing after popping it. I went to my dentist for teeth cleaning and she noticed and said her son had a similar thing and said it was a fungus. Is it just a bad acne or fungus? If so, how can i treat it?Do I have Acne or Fungus?
so the bump is located on the face and has pus. based on that you really can't tell if it is acne or a tinea ( a ringworm which is a fungus). Now if its a tinea (probably tinea barbae which is ringworm of the beard or facial hair) it is caused by three genus of fungi Microsporum, Epidermophyton, and Trichophyton. of course the only way to tell if it is an actual fungus for SURE is to culture and grow a sample from the affected area.


but here is a quicker solution. just watch it. yes that's it. since the center has dried and has turned white it could be either, the acne of the fungus, due to the fact an active fungus infection such as a tinea is only active around the periphery. if the bumps periphery enlarges go see a doctor immediately. these are rarely serious infections in the united states and are easily treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment