Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Betta fish and fungus?

My Betta fish has fungus. I bought a medicine that is tablet form. On the package it does not say if I should keep adding an additional tablet. It does seem to be getting better but no drastic change. What should I do? I don't want to over medicate it. Thanks!Betta fish and fungus?
My beta fish just got over a fungus infection. I find that the liquid medication works better then the tablets and that changing your water every night and pouring boiling water over anything in the tank to kill the fungus works great.Betta fish and fungus?
Fungus usually doesn't take too long to clear up. If you aren't sure whether or not you can medicate again, try this: do a water change (about 25%), and replace the carbon in your filter. Let it run overnight. The carbon will absorb the medication in your water, so you can have a ';fresh start.'; Dose again as directed after removing the carbon once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment